PRACTICAL, PROVERBIAL POINTS TO PONDER (Vol.5)
- The greatest choice we can make is to glorify God in all we do. A pure heart desires to follow God’s way in all things. Phil. 2.
- Love is not harsh, hasty, hateful, haughty, hysterical, nor historical. Read I Cor. 13:4-8 to observe what love is according to God’s terms.
- Truth satisfies the soul’s hunger for abundant life. Feed on God’s Word daily. 2 Tim 3:16.
- Thankful people are happy. (“What would you still have today if you were granted to keep only what you thanked God for yesterday?”) 1 Thess 5:18, Phil 2:19, 4:6.
- ASTOUNDING: whoever you are, where ever you’re from, whatever you’ve done, all our sins can be forgiven in Christ if we obey Him as He said. Mk 16:16
- When our neighbors are in need, may our conduct and service always prove our Christianity. 1 Jn 3:17-18.
- Silence is golden; but if it’s how we evangelize, it’s just yellow. Let’s always tell ‘one more’ about Christ who gives us so much! Acts 4:20
- Why do many not live for the Lord? (People who don’t do step two likely missed step one.) Many have not fallen in love with the Lord. Jn 14:15 Mk.8:35
- If present-day-life seems like an eternal night; let the ‘Son’s light’ remind us that trusting in God will take us to new heights. Prov 16:3.
- God’s people kept ‘memorials’ to remember His guidance through trials. Take time to personally reflect on God’s protection & providence in your own life. Josh 4:4-7, Phil 4:11.
- What matters is not merely knowing what to do, but doing what you know that makes the difference. James 1:22.
- You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed to failure if you don’t try. John 14:15.
- We write another page in our autobiography each day. When the book is complete, God is eager to read it…& to grade it. Rev 20:12. Write each day well.
- Cares can press you down a bit but stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit. Rest if you must, but don’t quit. Hebrew 12:1-3
- God briefly created little things like the sun, the stars, – but guess what? “God’s not finished working on us!” Rom 12:1-4.
- “Many have so much talent, but sadly aren’t humble enough to be admired for it.” Honor God for all His gifts to you. Jam 4:6 I Tim 6:17.
- Happy are those who give without remembering and receive without forgetting. Consider what Jesus said Matt. 6:1, 19.
18 Thoughts, relations, view, actions, attitudes, choices, speech, habits, diets, lifestyles, etc. To sum it up, Christ makes all things new! 2Cor. 5:17.
- An amazing truth: our eternal destiny, with or without God, isn’t left to chance – but to our choice. Only Christ’s death provided this option. Rom 6.
20. While some admit they don’t know Jesus; most think they do. So, what does knowing Him mean? – I John 2:3-5